ResinTech coconut shell granular activated carbon (GAC) is used in combination with KDF media to significantly extend the life of filter cartridges. KDF-85 media removes hydrogen sulfide and reduces iron by the redox process and filtration. Both KDF redox media are bacteriostatic and inhibit the growth of microorganisms in the filter.
Feature and Benfits:
- Stabilized KDF 55 or KDF 85: KDF media pretreatment of granular activated carbon extends the carbon's life and limits bacteria growth in the beds
- Acid Washed Coconut Shell Carbon: Acid washing removes ash content, prevents pH spiking and adds approximately 5% more capacity to carbon media
- Fits Standard Residential And Industrial Size Housing: AF Series cartridges are double open ended that fit standard residential and industrial housings
- Oversized Cartridge For Maximum Media Fill: AF series cartridges have up to 50% higher capacity and extend cartridge life, due to the use of larger cartridges
- Quality Produced And Made in The USA: Cartridges are produced by Aries FilterWorks, a division of ResinTech. Strict quality control over all aspects of cartridge and media production allows complete traceability of every filter
- Drinking Water: Carbon/KDF cartridges are used in a variety of pretreatment or primary treatment for home and commercial drinking water systems. The use of this filter extends the life of existing cartridges and reduces the cost by reducing the frequency of filter change outs
- Private Wells: KDF media are incorporated into combinations with carbon and other matrices for bacteria control and scale reduction for treating contaminants in water
- Reverse Osmosis and Deionization Systems: This cartridge protects RO systems from chlorine degradation and ion exchange media from bacterial contamination, extending the life of the systems components and reducing operating cost.