- Use of Calgon Centaur Catalytic Carbon
- Removal of Chloramines and Hydrogen Sulfide
- Reduces Reliance on additional chemical treatment
Aries FilterWorks Catalytic Carbon cartridge contains Calgon Centaur Carbon. This is a specially enhanced carbon developed through an advanced process starting as Granular Activated Carbon (GAC). By altering the electron structure of GAC, it enhances its catalytic capability, enabling it to cause chemical reactions without changing its structure. As a result, it promotes a wide range of chemical reaction where conventional carbons are not effective.
Feature and Benfits:
- Use of Centaur Calgon: Aries Centaur Calgon cartridge achieves greater degree of contaminant removal at reduced cost
- Fits Standard Residential And Industrial Size Housing: AF Series cartridges are double open ended that fit standard residential and industrial housings
- Oversized Cartridge For Maximum Media Fill: AF series cartridges have up to 50% higher capacity and extend cartridge life, due to the use of larger cartridges
- Quality Produced And Made in The USA: Cartridges are produced by Aries FilterWorks, a division of ResinTech. Strict quality control over all aspects of cartridge and media production allows complete traceability of every filter
- Residential Drinking Water Chloramines Removal: Chloramines are the result of standard chlorinating procedures, or are intentionally introduced by municipal water treatment plants. Replacing traditional activated carbon with catalytic carbon results in significantly improved water treatment.
- Private Wells: Effective for treatment of "sulfur water", catalytic carbon retains all of the adsorptive properties of conventional activated carbon, but it combines them with the ability to promote or catalyze chemical reactions during the treatment process, catalytic carbon first adsorbs sulfide onto the carbon surface. Then, in the presence of dissolved oxygen, it oxidizes the sulfides and converts them into non-objectionable compounds.
- Commercial: Catalytic Carbon cartridges are well suited for treating process water, in the bottling and soft drink industries, as well as aquarium treatment